AUGUST TWENTY-SIX MANUFACTURING
August 26 Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd is a 100% wholly-owned subsidiary of August 26 Holding Company (Pty) Ltd, established in March 2020 to engage and play a significant role in the manufacturing of various garment and footwear products, sales and trading (retail and wholesale). The company has two factories, one in Windhoek which specialises in garments and textiles while the one in Okahandja focuses on footwear and leather products.
‘This company has a great potential to reshape the manufacturing-sector landscape in a positive way to the benefits of its shareholder, employees and its customers. The company has been established to manufacture various products such as specialised garments, PPE, leather shoes and related leather products, security and safety boots, and to render related services in the manufacturing sector value chain,’ said Ms Saima Ashipala (Board of Directors Chairperson).
The company has placed its priority on starting manufacturing the following various products while at the same time exploring new business opportunities and their associated activities within the manufacturing sector value chain.
To be a leading partner of choice and preferred manufacturer by 2025, and together with our stakeholders contributing to Namibia’s industrialisation.
To manufacture, supply and provide innovative products and services of superior quality, to the public and private customers nationwide in an efficient and sustainable manner.
Our company values help us to ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals. Our core values support the company’s vision and shape its culture. That’s why every single business decision is aligned with these values below:
- Integrity: We maintain the highest standards of ethical behaviour in our business interactions with customers and stakeholders by doing the right things all times in the best ways / manners
- Customer Centricity: We do business that focuses on providing positive customer experience both at the point of sale and after sale in order to drive profit and gain competitive advantage
- Innovation: We strive to be progressive and creative in the provisions of solutions to problems experienced by our customers and stakeholders as well as to be innovative in not just imitating our competitors will sustain the growth and success of the Company
- Safety: We do not compromise out business commitments to the health and safety of our employees, customers and key stakeholders
- Teamwork: We work together and committed across all the Department and Divisions to meet the needs of our customers and to help Company win
The industry follows the increasingly complex consumer desires, demands and specific requirements. The textile and garment industry is working in a highly competitive environment. We therefore aim to win by offering value at competitive pricing and keep performing at highest levels to produce quality Namibian products.
“In line with our vision to be a leading partner of choice and a preferred manufacturer by 2025, and together with our stakeholders contributing to Namibia’s industrialisation, we have put in place structures and programmes and still continue to do so to strengthen internal capacity, while at the same time engaging the market. This is in accordance with our ambition to service the Namibian market and one day go beyond our borders.” – Ndapewa Hangula, Managing Director –
The vision will be achieved through the company’s mission, which defines the core reason for its existence ‘…to manufacture, supply and provide innovative products and services of superior quality to the public and private customers nationwide in an efficient and sustainable manner’.
Our value proposition to our clients is to become a preferred supplier of corporate wear/PPE/ uniforms and footwear, custom design products according to client’s specific requirements while building a relationship of trust. Products made in Namibia enable short lead times, thereby saving valuable time for our clients which allows them to receive their products in a short period of time. This in turn contributes to the realisation of industrialisation in Namibia as well as the creation of sustainable job opportunities for our communities.
Regardless of the type of industry or the kinds of products and services sold, customers are the most important part of any business. The following are some of the customer segments that we engage with and produce garments and footwear for:
- Government ministries
- Public enterprises
- Private-sector corporate companies
- Universities, training centres and schools • hospitals & clinics
- Construction companies
- Security companies
- General public (walk-in-clients)