GEOCARTA – CARTOGRAPHY FOR NAMIBIA
GIS AND DATABASE CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO THE INDUSTRY
Geocarta Namibia is a Black Empowerment Enterprise (BEE), founded in June 2004 to provide expert GIS and database consultancy services to the spatial industry. Geocarta Namibia is a certified Business Partner of ESRI, ESRI Southern Africa and ESRI South Africa. This certification entitles Geocarta to full support from both of these organisations and to resell the product range of ESRI.
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Allan le Hané is the Managing Director of Geocarta and has held this position since its inception. Allan has worked as GIS project manager on various projects for sixteen years. He is also managing other businesses outside this industry for a number of years.
Matthias Metz is a GIS specialist and the Technical Director of Geocarta. He holds a master’s degree in Geography. He has worked as an Advisor in the GIS field on various GIS projects in Southern Africa. His main area of interest and Expertise is GIS in spatial planning, infrastructure management, embedding GIS in organisations and spatial data management. In early 2006. Matthias joined the ESRI international teaching programme and obtained his authorization to teach ESRI-developed courses.
Olaf von Plato is the ArcGIS Technical Product Manager. Olaf has worked on various topographic mapping and GIS projects for the past sixteen years. Olaf also has experience in remote sensing applications and geophysical exploration. The Management Team is supported by five qualified staff members.
OUR SERVICES AT A GLANCE
We specialize in the sale and and supply of both hardware and software full product range of ESRI and ITT/ENVI. We specialize in the sale and supply of Mobile GIS Solutions on Trimble and Leica GPS Platforms.
Consulting and Project Management
- GIS Project Management
- Total GIS Outsourced Solutions
- Spatial Data Integration
- Database Design, Development and Implementation
- Geospatial Analysis
- Metadata Implementation
- Aerial Surveys, Orth photo Production, Intimate Sensing (Arpad Mobile GIS)
- Customization of GIS applications for client requirements
- Standalone and embedded GIS application development
- Web-based mapping and web
- Page development
- Geodatabase design and development
- Data Capture
- Data Conversion
- Data Compilation
- Co-ordinate Transformation
Training & Support
Accredited ArcGIS (ESRI-developed courses and user-customized courses) ArcView GIS (ESRI) ArcPad, ArcPad Application Builder (ArcPad Studio)
Namibia University of Science and Tech. (NUST) 12/2008-09/2010 ESRI Spain, Central Bureau of Statistics & NUST: Technical Support – implementation of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geo-information Technology (BGIT). Including the review of educational material compiled by ESRI Spain; training of lecturers (NUST), delivering of courses developed by ESRI Spain to BGIT students, and general technical support with regard to running the established ESRI laboratory. This included technical support for the Central Bureau of Statistics with regard to Census Mapping Exercise in the preparation of the 2011 National Housing and Population Census, and coaching CBS GIS staff in the utilization of GIS and Mobile GIS Technology.
Roads Authority – Ongoing
- Technical support and road
- GIS Maintenance on the Road Referencing System (RRS)
Local Authorities (Otjiwarongo, Tsumeb and Okahandja) – Ongoing Cadastral Management Systems
Ministry of Mines & Energy – 2006 Off-Grid Electrification Plan, with Consulting Services Africa as the main contractor.
Ministry of Lands and Resettlement, Namibia & Botswana
- ArcCadastre, ArcGIS and map production training to all sectors and divisions.
- Land use planning (Karas, Hardap and Kavango regions).
- Implementation of LUCIS mapping in the Kavango Integrated Regional Land Use Plan
- Land use planning for Omaheke Region
- .Monitoring and evaluation system to manage Land Reform Activities in Namibia (RDBMS Development).
- Topographic Map Revision for the Omaheke Region.
Notable projects with:
- Swede survey
- Namibia Tourism Board (NTB)
- Corridor Development Consultants
- Rössing Uranium Mine
- National Planning Commission,
- Urban Dynamics/SDE
- Namibia Statistics Agency