NAMIBIA TOURISM BOARD
The Namibia Tourism Board was established through an Act of the Namibian Parliament as a statutory body responsible for establishing the mechanisms for convergent thinking and synergy between both the private and public sectors in implementing the national policy on tourism.
NTB MISSION STATEMENT: To sustainably market and develop tourism to and within Namibia by adding value to our stakeholders and, yielding enhanced quality of life for our people.
NTB VISION: “Namibia renowned as the most sought-after tourism destination in Africa.”
The NTB defined five core values and created the acronym [ICARE] for ease of reflection:
I – INTEGRITY: We shall always uphold high ethical and moral principles.
C – CARING: We care about ourselves, our team members, our customers, our natural environment and the well-being of the NTB and our beloved Country.
A – ACCOUNTABILITY: We believe that our actions have a lasting impact on our Nation. Therefore, we accept the responsibilities that come with the positions that we hold and shall account for all our actions.
R – RELIABILITY: We work as synergistic teams and therefore we shall always work towards the well-being of the NTB and deliver on our performance promises.
E – EXCELLENCE: We believe that we are the masters of our destiny and therefore we shall always pursue everything that we do with a spirit of innovation and in perfecting our craft.
THE BOARD WAS ESTABLISHED ON 2 APRIL 2001 WITH THE FOLLOWING MANDATE:
- Promote Namibia’s tourism industry internationally and locally.
- Ensure that services rendered and facilities provided to tourists com-ply with the prescribed standards.
- Register and grade accommodation establishments and other tourism related businesses.
- Promote the training of persons engaged in the tourism industry
- Promote the development of environmentally sustainable tourism by actively supporting the long-term conservation, maintenance and development of the natural resources base of Namibia.
- Provide advice and guidance to persons engaged in the tourism industry.
CORE VALUES OF THE DESTINATION BRAND
NTB research has identified four Namibian brand values that underpin our visitors’ experience of Namibia. These reflect the essence of Namibia and set us apart from our competitors. By evoking the feelings that lie behind these brand values, we can remind previous visitors of our appeal and excite potential new visitors about coming to Namibia. It’s a combination of these values that evoke the unique perception of Namibia. By applying them regularly and consistently, we increase Namibia’s chances of being seen as unique and memorable:
- Rugged – Namibia has an elemental, pristine landscape that is unlike anywhere else.
- Natural – The landscape and animals are Namibia’s defining natural assets.
- Soulful – Namibia touches your soul; you feel humbled and awe- inspired by the vast space and tranquillity.
- Liberating – You feel free. You can explore the country on your own terms.
NAMIBIA TOURISM BOARD
Head Office Cnr. Sam Nujoma Drive & Haddy Street
Private Bag 13244, Windhoek, 10001
Namibia Tel +264 (0) 61 290 6000
Fax + 264 (0) 61 303 759
Namibia Tourism Board Office: Europe
Schillerstr. 42 – 44 60301, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tel + 49 (0) 69 133 7360