NAMIBIAN STANDARDS INSTITUTION (NSI)
CREATING PEACE OF MIND THROUGH FACILITATING QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Namibian Standards Institution is Namibia’s only National Standards Body (NSB) and National Metrology Institute responsible for coordinating all standardisation and conformity assessment activities in the country. The institution represents Namibia at regional and international standardisation activities to advance national interest in the development of standards. It is a young and dynamic institution, which was established in 2007 under the terms of the Standards Act (Act No. 18 of 2005) and started operations in January 2008.
The NSI’s primary aim is to facilitate the development of national standards for application in business, government and consumer protection to enable industry market access, t he NSI applies conformity assessment services which are testing, inspection, certification and metrology.
WHAT WE DO
Provides information on trade related standards and technical regulations
Provides Standards development and training on specific standard requirements
Certification of products and organisations management systems based on standard requirements
Microbiology and Chemistry analysis on foods, fishery products and water
Inspection of fishery products, fishing factories and vessels
Calibration and verification of measuring instruments used for trade, health and safety
Enforcement of the Metrology Act
Creating peace of mind
To be recognised as the centre of excellence for standardisation in Namibia
Promoting standardisation of products for the safety of consumers, protection of the environment and improved access to global markets
- Stakeholder and customer centricity
- Integrity and ethics
- Respect for people
- Excellence & quality
ENSURING CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE
The NSI has recently revised its Customer Service Charter to keep abreast with customers’ needs and expectations. The Charter aims to demonstrate the NSI’s commitment towards internal and external customers with regard to service delivery. It further provides a framework on how NSI deals with customer relations.
The NSI is committed to:
- Respond to all stakeholder and customer requests within the specified timeframe.
- Provide fast and efficient service within an agreed timeframe of the original request, i.e. the selling of standards or provision of certification, inspection, testing or metrology services
- Satisfy current and potential stakeholders with quality service and product delivery;
- Provide all stakeholders, whether individual or organization with information within an agreed upon time frame of the original request;
- Conduct all its certification, inspection, testing and metrology services in line with its documented procedures to ensure quality and reliability of results;
- Ensure creditors are paid within 30 days from invoice.
- Ensure that all stakeholders/customers that need assistance or information receives the attention they deserve.